Whether you’re already in the mortgage or finance broking industry or intend on pursuing a career in this field, the course provided by Australis College is preferred by the industry.
The Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management course has helped so many people get a foot in the industry and others get their existing careers on track.
One of the factors that attracted past students to the course was the convenience. Students already involved in Mortgage Broking say the course helped them understand their work better, and they were able to do it on their own time. Because the course can be completed online from your own computer, it won’t interfere with your regular routine. You can work as normal, keep your family commitments and still study.
The high quality of the course makes its graduates highly valued in the industry, whether they plan on working for a finance broker or bank, or having their own firm.
For those students that weren’t too computer savvy when they started, the course allowed them the opportunity to hone their computer skills. But students aren’t left completely on their own - there is support available online and over the telephone which graduates say was reassuring to know, that if needed help was available.
Another major advantage according to graduates of the course was that the education gained was practical and could be easily applied to their work, it’s not just a piece a paper. Students will work on real scenarios to get them ready for life in the working world.
Even business owners looking to develop the skills of their employees find this course particularly beneficial. Whether looking to get a foothold in the industry or improve your business, these are some of the things you can expect to learn from the course:
- Build good relationships with clients through trust
- Looking at the specific needs of clients, specially tailor financial products to suit their requirements.
- Making note of any special needs a client may have and protecting their interests as well as your own.
- Learn to carry out trend and risk analyses and model financial products
- Learn to conduct risk identification, analyse risk controls and conduct probability assessments.
- Develop financial options for the client to choose from
- Be able to handle complex loans timeously and prioritise effectively
- Use computers, organisational software, templates and telecommunications effectively
In a competitive market, being able to find clients and develop lasting relationships with them is key to retaining business. This is one the fundamentals learned through the online course. The course also focuses on how to build a network of partners so that you can rely on a continuous flow of customer referrals, these are elements that are important to managing a successful business in this field and crucial if you plan on growing the business.